Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join the Managed Cloud Service team at our Head Office, based a short distance from the M6 – Junction 13.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you will be involved in:
- ensuring our Managed Cloud Service is on-line, working, robust, secure and well maintained
- supporting the Managed Cloud Service roadmap and improvements
- infrastructure projects including installation, upgrade, migration and maintenance of our products and solutions in customer environments and on the cloud
This is a technically demanding role and requires the individual to be a strong team player with the ability to multi-task.
To be effective in this role you will need to be up to date with the latest tools, technologies and techniques to deliver services more securely and efficiently. We are looking for an individual with the following:
- strong technical background – especially Microsoft technologies, SQL Server 2008 and 2012 (2014 desirable)
- strong understanding of:
– T-SQL writing
– SQL server maintenance and troubleshooting – fragmentation
– maintenance plans
– extended events/profiler
- working knowledge of:
- sFTP programs such as FileZilla or win SCP
- WAN/LAN environment and terminology
- good understanding of network architecture including Cloud based services
- knowledge of IT security requirements; ISO 27001/9001
- previous experience of working with Microsoft Azure is desirable
We are the pioneer of the back office workforce optimisation market. Our services are based on years of domain experience and are valued by our customers to help identify improvements, build best practice into processes and embed them through our proven software suite.
All of our positions carry a competitive market salary and career prospects, 25 days paid holiday + 8 bank holidays per year, flexible benefits scheme including: Private Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare Scheme, Group Life Assurance and Group Long Term Sickness Insurance.